Celebrate The Upcoming Royal Wedding
Tomorrow is the big day of the Royal wedding between Harry and Meghan, so we thought we would join the nation in the celebration.
What’s a better excuse than a royal wedding for a Friday afternoon tea in the office.
The Windsor Knot
Keeping in line with the royal theme we thought we would show you how you can create a royal tied tie. Also known as a Windsor knot. The Windsor knot was created many years ago by the public. It was to imitate the Duke of Windsors wide triangular style of knot. This knot is known to create a formal look, whilst having the advantages of being secure and tight.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to create your own royal knotted tie –
1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end
2. Wide end over the small end to the left
3. Up into the neck loop from underneath
4. Down to the left
5. Around the back of the small end to the right
6. Up to the centre, towards neck loop
7. Through the neck loop and down to the right
8. Across the front to the left
9. Up into the neck loop from underneath
10. Down through the loop you’ve just created in the front
11. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust
For different types of ties, including woven, printed, custom and bow ties click here.
The Tie Team
We would all like to wish Prince Harry and Meghan all the best for a very long and happy future.